If you are not completely satisfied with the purchase you made from Bluestocking Press, you may return it to us. We can process returns and refunds only for items directly purchased from Bluestocking Press. To be eligible for a refund or exchange, we must receive the return within 30 calendar days from Bluestocking Press’ original ship date. Returned items must be in the same condition as sold. For your protection, we advise that you insure the package and ship via a traceable method in case the package is lost or damaged in transit. Items must be received in new condition to be eligible for a refund. Phone Bluestocking Press for a Return Authorization Number (RA#). Your return package must have a valid RA# clearly written on the outside of the package. We do not refund original or return shipping charges unless merchandise is defective or we have shipped an incorrect item. Items received after 30 calendar days from original ship date, and/or without a RA#, will be refused, and no refund will be made. If returned items are received damaged, no refund will be made. Any packages returned to Bluestocking Press that do not meet our return requirements and do not display a legible return address will not be returned to the customer and no refund will be made.
To Prepare Your Return
- Phone Bluestocking Press for the “Bluestocking Press Returns” address and a RA#. Merchandise returned without a valid RA# will be refused, and no refund will be made.
- To ship item(s), use the original box or a strong corrugated carton.
- Add sufficient packaging material to protect the product during shipping. To avoid damage in return shipping, do not use newspaper as this often leaves ink marks on the books.
- You must include a copy of your packing slip/invoice.
- Pack and tape your package securely.
- Type or print the “Bluestocking Press Returns” address clearly in the center of the package.
- Be sure to include your return address information in the upper left-hand corner of the package.
- Write your RA# clearly on the outside of the package.
- For your protection, we advise that you insure your package and ship via a traceable method (i.e. UPS, Federal Express) in case the package is lost or damaged in transit. Check with your shipper to determine if your package is sufficiently insured to cover the cost of your merchandise. If not, we suggest you discuss with your carrier the option of purchasing additional insurance.
- Sorry we cannot accept C.O.D.s.
Damage or Errors in Your Order
Please inspect your purchase thoroughly upon delivery. Notify us of any damage, errors, or omissions in your order right away. In case of damaged merchandise, please preserve the item, shipping box, and packing materials until you receive further instructions from Bluestocking Press. No credit or refund due to damage, errors, or omissions will be made for claims reported to Bluestocking Press after five calendar days of delivery of your order if shipped via UPS. No credit or refund due to damage, errors, or omissions will be made for claims made after thirty calendar days from ship date for orders shipped via USPS.
Non-Receipt of Your Order
Please phone or email Bluestocking Press to report non-receipt of orders within thirty calendar days of order date. No refunds for non-receipt of orders will be made for claims reported after thirty calendar days from ship date.
If you provide us with an email address, we’ll notify you via email of your refund once we’ve received and processed the returned item. In most cases, we’ll issue a refund in the same form of payment originally used for the purchase. Refunds that are credited to your charge card will usually be made within three to five business days of our receiving your return. Once we’ve received and processed the return, if you paid directly from your bank account, it may take up to ten additional business days for the credit to be posted to your bank account. Refunds on returned items that were paid for by check will only be made by check after a ten-day waiting period from your check’s deposit date. If you paid by check, it may take up to three weeks for you to receive the refund.
Our phone hours vary seasonally (see below). However, you may leave a message on our voice mail, or email us at any time, and we will respond as quickly as possible.
June through September: Monday through Friday, 9AM to 4PM Pacific time.
October through May: Monday through Thursday, 9AM to 4PM Pacific time.
Please note that occasionally we may be closed during our normal business hours due to inventory control, conferences, etc. At such times our voice mail will indicate when we will reopen.
International customers, please correspond via email. We do not return international phone calls.